Seo Services

ONE IN A MILLION: This Teen Has Skin Condition that Affects One in A Million People!

There are some things that the medical field cannot explain, but what if you are experiencing a condition that is known in the medicine field, but health professionals even don't know what to do about this lifetime condition. Skin care is definitely something a lot of people deal with importantly. We go to our skin care doctors and dermatologists for any of our lesions, wounds, contusions, acne problems. But this girl's different, she was born with birthmarks all over her body, her dermatologist don't even know where to begin with. Find out why!


Swaringen has a rare skin condition called giant congenital melanocytic nevus allowing moles and birthmarks cover her body. The condition did not actually pose a health risk. However, she was also told that her condition cannot be treated by surgery which means, she has to deal with her skin condition for the rest of her life.



“One day I remember being on the school bus and hearing a young boy laugh at me and call me a spotty dog,” Swaringen explains. The incident knocked her confidence, she added.

“I was only young and it made me feel different to the other kids, like something was wrong with me.” 

She is keen not to let it affect her teenage years. She hopes to be an inspiration to others suffering from similar conditions. In a million people, the condition only affect 1.

She has a loving and supportive family. Her largest birthmark stretches from her lower thigh to her belly button.

Swaringen has come to accept her condition despite hurtful comments and bullying she has received. She remembers a lot of people stare and say bad things towards her because they are not used to see someone like her with such condition.


A thing that has always helped her deal with the psychological effects of the condition is something which Swaringen’s mother told her a long time ago, “I remember when I started school my mum told me that my birthmarks were angel kisses – and that really stuck with me.”


Source
ONE IN A MILLION: This Teen Has Skin Condition that Affects One in A Million People! ONE IN A MILLION: This Teen Has Skin Condition that Affects One in A Million People! Reviewed by Jurez Loch on 12:27 AM Rating: 5

Walang komento:

ads 728x90 B
Pinapagana ng Blogger.